History & Mission
Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum and Elyse Wagner founded the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, Inc. in 2014 out of their passion for two trends that are significantly impacting healthcare:
- The rapidly expanding growth of Functional Medicine as the model for 21st century healthcare that both prevents and reverses chronic disease by treating root causes of illness with diet and lifestyle change.
- The increasing recognition of the value of health coaches working alongside medical professionals to create a culture of wellness by empowering individuals to take charge of their health.
Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, Inc. offers a 12-month online educational program leading to recognition as a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach.
- Accommodates the learning needs of both existing health coaches who hold certifications from other schools and those individuals desiring to enter the rapidly expanding health coaching field.
- Emphasizes the core coaching competencies as set forth by the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaching (ICHWC).
- Presents a ground-breaking WHOLE systems approach that integrates the principles of Functional Medicine, functional nutrition, eating psychology, mind-body medicine, and positive psychology.